Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, May 11, 2007

Is any news good news???? Well accept when it is not much news! I am happy to report that we heard from our coordinator and she said that they had hoped to hear of our approval 2 weeks ago. She said that all Chung Yi reports is that they are waiting on the Government Social worker. OH!!! the sw? That means that Chung Yi approved us, right??? I think that means they approved us since they said that Chung yi wouldn't forward our file to the government unless they approved us. So there you have it. I found the good news in the bushes :) WE THINK atleast. She said that our incountry coordinator, Sally, would be contacting them again and she would let us know what she hears even if it is over the weekend. I don't expect to hear anything over the weekend but hopefully this means very very soon! Keep us in your prayers while the sw makes this ever life changing decision please.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY! You guys are over one hurdle, on to the second!

Tisra said...

It has got to be approval, you're right! Who doubted it anyway? Seriously. I don't even *know* you, but I tell you guys are great parents and have a supportive network of friends and family that can't wait to bring this little girl home and love her like she's always been part of their lives! I, too, tend to brace myself for worse so that disappointments aren't so difficult. But, don't let it rob you of the celebrating and the speaking in faith. Your daughter is on her way home! Yay! One step down. Congratulations!

Ann said...

I would be so nervous. It sounds like you were approved!! Okay good news right? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope to hear something difinitive early next week. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Nicole- That's exactly what happened to us. About two weeks before our agency got the paperwork, they said the same thing...


Jessica

Annie said...

ooh, Nicole. I'm excited. There is a CHANCE that I might be volunteering at Chung-Yi this summer, teaching some of the bigger kids English. If I do, I could probably meet your daughter and send you photos..... Nothing set in stone yet....but it is an exciting thought.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Nicole,
I hope you hear something definite soon...you must be so excited. We went to court on Friday and met Paul (the same lawyer you guys used). He is such a nice guy. Hope y'all are doing well and hope we can all meet soon.